Talking about death is never easy. But it’s especially difficult in a hospital when a loved one is incapacitated and family members are trying to guess their wishes. Two healthcare workers in Anchorage want to convince Alaskans to have that conversation before a crisis and record their choices in an advance directive.
- On A Mission: Educating Alaskans About Advance Directives
- Alaska Innovative Medicine
- Advance Health Care Directive – Living Will
- Aging with Dignity – Five Wishes
To schedule a workshop on advance directives with Kris Green- call her at 907-212-9232
HOST: Annie Feidt
- Gigi Rygh, medical social worker, Alaska Innovative Medicine
- Kris Green, advanced planning care coordinator, Providence Health Services
- Julie Wrigley, attorney with Durrell Law Group
- Callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.