The Mount Marathon race in Seward is the Super Bowl of Alaskan sports. Each July 4th, racers charge up Mount Marathon – a climb of more than 3,000 feet, and then descend in a matter of minutes in a burst of speed that can look like a controlled fall. A new documentary tells the story of the race through the perspective of several Mount Marathon legends.
HOST: Annie Feidt
- Max Romey, filmmaker
- Holly Brooks, two-time Mount Marathon champion
- Najeeby Quinn, elite Mount Marathon racer
- Callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
mentary tells the story of the race through the perspective of several Mount Marathon legends.