Berry picking, salmon fishing and preparations for fall hunting are in full swing and Alaskans are putting up food for winter. Whether canned, dried, fermented or smoked – wild foods go hand in hand with the culture and traditions of the north.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Suanne Unger, author, Qaqamiigux: Traditional Foods and Recipes from the Aleutian and Pribilof Islands
- Leslie Shallcross, UAF Cooperative Extension
- Julia O’Malley, journalist and Alaska foodie
- UAF Cooperative Extension Office (with information on food preservation safety)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation – an info-depot on all things related to food safety
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.