The president is visiting Alaska, and it’s more than just a fuel stop this time. On the next Talk of Alaska, we’re taking a trip into the annals of presidential history in the Last Frontier. FDR and Jimmy Carter went fishing during their visits here. Reagan hosted the pope. And Clinton popped downtown for a sandwich. What will Obama’s visit be remembered for?
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Dermot Cole, Alaska Dispatch News reporter and columnist
- Pat Pourchot, formerly the special assistant on Alaska affairs to the Interior Secretary; former DNR commissioner
- Jack Roderick, former Anchorage mayor
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Sept. 1, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.