THE CIVIL WAR, the award-winning film produced and directed by Ken Burns, will be rebroadcast over five consecutive nights in September. The broadcast, which coincides with the 25th anniversary of the series’ initial broadcast in September 1990, will present for the first time a newly restored high-definition version. This is also the first time the film will be seen with the same fidelity and framing as the negative that Burns and his co-cinematographers Allen Moore and Buddy Squires shot more than 25 years ago.
- Part 1. The Cause – 1861. Monday, September 7. 8:00 p.m.
- Part 2. A Very Bloody Affair/Forever Free – 1862. Tuesday, September 8. 8:00 p.m.
- Part 3. Simply Murder/The Universe of Battle – 1863. Wednesday, September 9. 8:00 p.m.
- Part 4. Valley of the Shadow of Death/Most Hallowed Ground – 1864. Thursday, September 10. 8:00 p.m.
- Part 5. War is Hell/The Better Angels of Our Nature – 1865, Friday, September 11. 8:00 p.m.