In July 2015 the state Division of Public Health, in response to a dramatic rise in the number of people using, abusing and dying from heroin throughout the United States, released a report describing the health impacts of heroin use in Alaska. On today’s show, Jennifer Stukey and Dr. Jay Caldwell with the Narcotic Drug Treatment Center in Anchorage and Dr. Jay Butler, director of the Division of Public Health will discuss heroin abuse and the public health consequences that ensue.
- Jennifer Stukey, LPN, chief operations officer, Narcotic Drug Treatment Center, Inc.
- Dr. Jay Caldwell, medical director, Narcotic Drug Treatment Center, Inc.
- Dr. Jay Butler, chief medical officer, state Department of Heath and Social Services and director, state Division of Public Health
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, October 12, 2015, at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, October 12, 2015, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: