Prisoner treatment has been a national topic of discussion and a recent report on the Alaska Department of Corrections found numerous problems in the state’s system. Governor Bill Walker called the system broken, fired the commissioner and put long time Alaska law man Walt Monegan in charge of making changes at DOC.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Walt Monegan, commissioner, Department of Corrections
- Dean Williams, author, Department of Corrections report
- Statewide callers
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.