Sea birds are having a tough time in Alaska. Thousands of dead murres have been washing up on beaches in coastal communities and even found inland. biologists are working to pinpoint what’s causing this massive die off. Is it El Nino? The warm water blob? Or something else entirely?
Fish & Wildlife Migratory Bird Hotline:
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Rob Kaler, biologist, Fish & Wildlife Service
- David Irons, retired biologist, Fish & Wildlife Service
- Statewide callers
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.