Lawmakers couldn’t pass a budget plan during 121 days of regular session and will now try to break the gridlock in a special session. All current proposals include using permanent fund earnings to fill the deficit. But the idea of the permanent fund is that it will be…permanent and some Alaskans say, don’t touch it.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Brad Keithley, president, Keithley Consulting
- Former Republican Senator Rick Halford
- Statewide callers
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.