On the next Line One: Your Helath Connection, we’ll be hearing one of our favorite shows. This show first aired in Februaru of 2016.
TCOYD is a not-for-profit, charitable organization dedicated to educating and motivating people with diabetes and their loved ones to take a more active role in their own health and to provide continuing diabetes education to medical professionals to better care for their patients. Dr. Edelman has written more than 200 articles and five books.
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Steven V. Edelman, professor of medicine in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism at the University of California at San Diego (UCSD) and the Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare System of San Diego and the director of the Diabetes Care Clinic, VA Medical Center. He has won numerous awards for teaching and humanitarianism and was recognized by San Diego Magazine as a Top Doctor eight of the last nine years, an honor only achieved by a handful of physicians. He was chosen as the teacher of the year amongst the over 400 faculty members at UCSD numerous times. He was awarded the Diabetes Educator of the year by the American Diabetes Association in 2009, the Distinction in Endocrinology award by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists in 2011 and recently named in US News and World Report amongst the top 1% of endocrinologists in the US.
- The Taking Care of Your Diabetes website
- The Edelman Report, weekly videos from Dr. Edelman
- American Diabetes Association
- The CDC homepage on diabetes
BROADCAST: Monday, June 27, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, June 27, 2016, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: