The Office of Children’s Services isn’t alone in taking responsibility for child welfare. Volunteers also step up to oversee the foster care system, suggest policy changes, and advocate on behalf of individual kids. Join us on the next Talk of Alaska as we discuss community oversight of the child welfare system and ways you can be part of the solution.
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Thia Peters, Kenia Peninsula CASA program coordinator
- Amanda Metievier, Facing Foster Care Alaska
- Diwakar Vadapalli, Citizen Review Panel
- Statewide callers
- Facing Foster Care in Alaska
- Alaska Citizen Review Panel
- Alaska CASA
- Friends of CASA
- Office of Children’s Services – Becoming a Foster Parent
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.