Having a child with a severe emotional or behavioral problem is a challenging thing for a family. Social anxiety, anger outbursts, depression, and low self esteem, isolation, and electronics obsession can all be very real problems for young children and teens. Parents often find themselves desperate for answers that are often difficult to come by. Where should you turn to find help if you are worried about your child’s emotional wellness and what should you expect from treatment providers working with your child? On the next program, child and adolescent therapist Lori Houston, joins Line One co-host Prentiss Pemberton, for a discussion about childhood mental health.
Listeners are especially encouraged to take advantage of this program to call in or email any questions related to childhood mental health and wellness.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton, LCSW
- Lori Houston, LCSW has been healing children, teens, and adults with play, expressive arts, skills, mindfulness, and EMDR in the Mat-Su Valley for 22 years.
- Child mental health 101, from Medline Plus
- Treatment of children with mental health issues
- 2016 Children’s Mental Health Report
- Mental health professionals applying the therapeutic power of play
- How does play therapy work?
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, May 01, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, May 01, 2017, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
- Understanding Health Research
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: