On this Line One program the focus is on efforts to prevent fetal alcohol exposure and its effects. We will discuss local and national efforts and the challenges to preventing the lifelong effects that alcohol can cause in the developing fetus.
- Marilyn Pierce–Bulger, ANP is owner of FASDx Services, LLC the referral and coordination agency for the Anchorage Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Diagnostic Team. Marilyn is a certified nurse-midwife and family nurse practitioner with over 30 years experience providing care and creating services in the field of maternal and child health.
- Kathleen Tavenner Mitchell is currently the Vice President and International Spokesperson for the National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and a noted speaker on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) and Women and Addictions. Ms. Mitchell has a Master of Human Services (MHS) degree and is a licensed clinical alcohol and drug counselor (LCADC) with thirty-three years of experience as a national educator, clinician, and lecturer. She was appointed by the formerSecretary of Health and Human Services to serve on the US National Task Force on Fetal Alcohol
Syndrome and served a special committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) developing guidelines for the identification and management of substance use disorders in pregnancy. She is a member of the international expert planning committee for the International Conference on FASD/University of British Columbia and on the American College of OB-GYNS (AGOG) special committee to develop a model of care for women with substance use disorders.
- Website of FASDx Services, LLP the referral and coordination agency for the Anchorage Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Diagnostic Team
- National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- For more information on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders from the CDC
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, August 21, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, August 21, 2017, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: