Anchorage has only one road leaving north and one south. The road to the south is the scenic but treacherous Seward, and then Sterling Highways. On the next Hometown, Alaska, we’ll hear about the plans to improve these routes at bottlenecks on Turnagain Arm and Cooper Landing. The big, expensive projects must balance many needs: for safety, for the environment, for scenery, and for people.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Shannon McCarthy, public information, Alaska Department of Transportation
- Wolfgang Junge, pre-construction engineer, Alaska Department of Transportation
- ADOT’s Strategic Highway Safety Plan
- All of Alaska’s central region construction projects from ADOT
- Seward Highway MP 105-107 Windy Corner
- Sterling Highway MP 45-60
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the broadcast.
- Post your comment or question below
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, September 20, 2017, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. (Alaska time)