In 2016, the state legislature passed Senate Bill 91 — an omnibus criminal justice reform bill. Now, just over a year later, some are blaming the law for increases in crime and calling for its repeal. Join us for Talk of Alaska as we explore what SB 91 actually does, and what factors could be influencing crime rates in the state.
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Brad Myrstol – associate proffesor at UAA Justice Center
- Greg Razo – Criminal Justice Commission
Susanne DiPietro – Alaska Judicial Council
Jahna Lindemuth – Attorney General
Clint Campion – Anchorage District Attorney
- Statewide callers
- Department of Law overview of SB 91
- Alaska Criminal Justice Commission website
- Alaska Department of Law commentary on SB 54
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.