We’re excited that we got to sit down with the guests on this week’s Outdoor Explorer to learn about the strange, circular ocean currents swirling around the North Pacific. These currents sometimes carry Asian debris to Alaska shores and, as we’ll hear, bring pieces of Alaska shipwrecks to Hawaii. We have a serious beachcomber and an oceanographer who used this information to change our view of how the ocean’s work.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Segment 1: “Ocean currents & beach combing”. Andy Baker, beachcomber and clean energy engineer; Curt Ebbesmeyer, Oceanographer.
- Segment 2: “Training calendar, pt. 4”. Lisa Keller, Multisport Training of Alaska.
- Segment 3: Inspiring story of an amazing runner who also happens to be in prison.Trail Tales – Lisa Keller.
- Alaska Trails, hosts of Trail Tales events
- Multisport Training of Alaska
- How a father’s shipwreck launched a message across an ocean to his grieving daughter (from the ADN)
- Book: Flotsametrics and the Floating World
BROADCAST: Thursday, March 1st, 2018. 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m. AKT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, March 1st, 2018. 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. AKT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via: