On the next Outdoor Explorer, we’re talking about a key part of the body for your outdoor explorations, the brain. I’m Charles Wohlforth. New research shows that being active can make you smarter, growing parts of the brain, and keep your brain healthy as you age. But we’re also going to talk about brain injuries. We’re learning the serious impact they can have on every aspect of life and how important it is to protect your head when you are doing outdoor sports.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Segment 1: “Brain benefits of fitness”. Chris Wilson from Ideal Motion Physical Therapy.
- Segment 2: “Gimme Shelter”. By the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies.
- Segment 3: “Traumatic brain injury”. Tyler Hislop, Grant and Digital Resource Manager, Alaska Brain Injury Network.
- Segment 4: “Chugach National Forest trail building”. Alicia King, Public Affairs Partnership Officer Chugach National Forest.
- Ideal Motion Physical Therapy
- Alaska Brain Injury Network
- Iditarod Historic Trail Alliance
- Gimme Shelter, from the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies and PRX
- Maine Primitive Skills School
BROADCAST: Thursday, March 15th, 2018. 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m. AKT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, March 15th, 2018. 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. AKT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via: