Suicide rates for Alaska Native youth are still high — but groups are actively working to change that. Community members and researchers are focusing on the strengths of Alaska Native peoples and cultures to reduce the risk and promote wellness. We’ll talk about a new research center that’s exploring what’s working and what’s not.
This program is part of Alaska Public Media’s Solutions Desk, a look at what’s making Alaska communities stronger.
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Stacy Rasmus – interim director of the Center for Alaska Native Health and Research
- Evon Peter – Vice Chancellor for Rural, Community and Native Education at University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.