On the next Hometown Alaska, we will meet leaders in the grassroots movement to respond to the opioid crisis. These are recovering addicts, and moms of addicts, who are helping get users into recovery, and working with the political system at all levels to make a change. They’re inspiring people and they have a lot to share about dealing with this terrible epidemic.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Mark Weaver, Fallen Up Ministries
- Kim Whitaker, president, REAL About Addiction; chair, Anchorage Opioid Task Force
- Andy Jones, Director, Office of Substance Misuse and Addiction Prevention
- R.E.A.L. About Addiction
- Alaska Opioid Policy Task Force
- DHSS Office of Substance Misuse and Addiction Prevention
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the broadcast.
- Post your comment or question below
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. (Alaska time)