Finding a place to live in Southcentral can be hard. Some of our housing stock is old. And different populations have different needs, such as seniors, workforce renters, and buyers looking for that first starter home, or to upgrade to a larger house as the family grows.
This discussion isn’t new, but it’s time for an update.
We’ve invited local government, finance and housing experts to lay out the landscape on housing issues today, and explain strategies underway to ease the need.
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Mark Romick, deputy executive director/CEO, Alaska Housing Finance Corp
- Robin Ward, Muni chief housing officer, director Real Estate Dept, Heritage Land Bank
- Carol Gore, CEO, Cook Inlet Housing Authority
- AHFC Mark Romick, bio
- CIHA, Carol Gore, bio
- Muni, Robin Ward, bio
- Rethinking Housing, powerpoint, 2015
- Anchorage Housing Market Analysis, (PDF), McDowell for Muni planning dept, 2012
- Municipality, Rasmuson Foundation partner to impact housing development, 3.2017
- Housing Anchorage, Facebook page
- Public-private partnership aims to house dozens of Anchorage homeless, KTVA 4.18.18
- AEDC Live.Work.Play Housing Focus website
- AEDC one-page employee/employer housing survey, 2014
- Solutions Desk: Housing, Alaska Public Media
- Housing-First Friday showcases community effort, innovation, AEDC website 12.2017
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the broadcast.
- Post your comment or question below
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (Alaska time)
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. (Alaska time)