Take a look at your feet. Chances are, you have the same size shoe on each foot. But for lots of people managing common medical challenges (like diabetes, arthritis, circulation issues, edema) the story isn’t that simple. Often they buy shoes several sizes too big, which causes other issues. Or they buy two pairs in different sizes….but should they have to?
Three Alaska entrepreneurs, all women, decided the answer was ‘Heck, no.’ They’ve launched Pandere Shoes and worked with designers around the world to develop a shoe that can expand as needed in the toe box, the ankle and mid-foot.
Meet Laura Oden, (health care business planner by day; singer-songwriter by night), Celia Crossett (health care planner by day, graduate student, competitive weight lifter by night), and Ayla Rogers (real estate agent and entrepreneur by day, investment strategist by night). We’ll also speak with their mentor, and an occupational therapist who works with lymphedema patients.
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Laura Oden, local entrepreneur, 1 of 3 founders of Pandere Shoes
- Celia Crossett, local entrepreneur, 2 of 3 founders of Pandere Shoes
- Isaac Vanderburg, mentor, managing director, Launch Alaska
- Rita Loew, occupational therapist, lymphedema rehab specialist
To connect to the local entrepreneur community
To learn more about the Pandere Shoes startup:
- Pandere Shoes, website
- Explainer video, Million Cups, Kaufmann Foundation award 2016
- Pandere Shoes on Facebook
- Pandere Shoes, on Indiegogo website
- Pandere Shoes on Instagram
- Pandere Shoes on Twitter
- Awards, from Start Up Weekends to Business Plan Competitions
- 49th State Angel Fund interview with Joe Morrison
- These women are starting an international shoe company around a kitchen table in Spenard, ADN, 10.17.17
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 8:00 p.m.