We humans can live a long time, long enough to do a lot and see a lot. On the next Outdoor Explorer, we have a climber who topped some of the world’s greatest peaks… 50 years ago and then never stopped. We’ll also be joined by one of Alaska’s toughest runners, who completed more than 60 marathons and helped start some of Alaska’s biggest races. In both cases, they’re fun and inspiring for any age.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Segment 1: “Elder athletes 2”. Tom Choate, climber and adventurer.
- Segment 2: “Sarah’s Dream of Owning a Hot Air Balloon”. Salt Institute for Documentary Studies, PRX.
- Segment 3: “Another elder athlete”. Tim Middleton, Anchorage running pioneer.
- Segment 4: “The Hives and Lows of Beekeeping in Alaska”. Indie Alaska, Alaska Public Media.
- Up, up, and away with 10 year old, hot-air balloonist Sarah Nichols.
- Our previous show about elder athletes
BROADCAST: Thursday, May 24th, 2018. 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m. AKT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, May 24th, 2018. 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. AKT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via: