Alaska’s foster care system has problems. Caseworkers don’t stick around for long. It can take years for young people to find permanent homes or be reunited with their families. But new legislation could provide solutions that will help everyone involved with the system.
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Rep. Les Gara – sponsor of HB 151
- Amanda Metivier – Facing Foster Care in Alaska
- Sarah Redmond – Facing Foster Care in Alaska
- Christy Lawton – Director of the Office of Children’s Services
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.