Rural Alaska has long had a lack of adequate law enforcement. State budget cuts have exacerbated the problem and recent reporting reveals trouble with how or if some local law enforcement officers are screened before they’re hired. What’s being done to make rural Alaska safer?
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Walt Monegan, Department of Public Safety Commissioner
- Andrew Merrill, VPSO Captain
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.