Rivers and streams across the state are closed to king salmon fishing, and sockeye returns are shockingly low in parts of Southeast Alaska. Meanwhile, commercial fishermen in parts of Bristol Bay are netting millions of sockeye. What’s happening to salmon stocks around the state? Hear from salmon scientists and fishery managers about what’s affecting this year’s runs on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Ed Jones – Chinook Salmon Scientist, Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game
- Scott Kelley – Director of Division of Commercial Fisheries, Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game
- Jim Murphy – Research Fisheries Biologist, Alaska Fisheries Science Center
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.