In September 2017, Dr. Jerome Adams was sworn in by Vice President Mike Pence as the 20th Surgeon General of the United States. The Surgeon General is often described as America’s Doctor. Please join Dr. Jay Butler for a conversation with US Surgeon General Jerome Adams on the next Line One: Your Health Connection.
- Dr. Jerome Adams, the 20th Surgeon General of the United States
- The Surgeon General’s website has links to the Surgeon General’s reports and publications, including Public Health Reports, a peer-review journal published by the Office of the Surgeon General.
- An NPR story profiling Dr. Adams after his selection for Surgeon General was released in July 2017
- NPR’s Melissa Block spoke with Dr. Adams in April 2015 when he was Indiana State Health Commissioner. The topic of the discussion was the HIV outbreak in rural Scott County.
- The Office of the Surgeon General is part of the Commissioner Corps of the United States Public Health Service. Learn more about the mission and history of the Public Health Service, as well as health care career opportunities as a Commissioned Officer.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10:00 – 11:00am)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, August 8th, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, August 8th, 2018, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- This is a good site to start with, if you want to learn how to find reliable health information on the internet
- Mayo Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Denying to the Grave: Why We Ignore Facts That Will Save Us
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
- Michael Shermer’s suggestion for Baloney Detection: How to draw boundaries between science and pseudoscience
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: