A few years ago, residents of the Mat-Su Borough identified child abuse and neglect as one of the area’s major problems. In response community organizations teamed up with government agencies, schools and judges to develop a comprehensive solution and build connections throughout the region.
This episode is part of Alaska Public Media’s Solutions Desk, where you can find more stories about what’s working to make Alaska communities stronger.
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Desiré Shepler, Director of R.O.C.K. Mat-Su
- Mark Lackey, Executive Director of CCS Early Learning
- Dawn Adams, Regional Permanency Specialist for the Office of Children’s Services
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.