October is domestic violence awareness month, but in Alaska, the consistently high rate of violence and sexual assault presents a year round need for education and assistance. What needs to change for people to have better outcomes? On the next Talk of Alaska, University of Alaska legal and medical experts discuss the evolving science and intersection between law enforcement, victim services and health care.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Dr. Ingrid Johnson – Victimization/Help-seeking expert.
- Dr. Brad Mystrol– research in policing and how interactions with law enforcement shape citizens’ perceptions.
- Dr. Angelina Trujillo – 15 years in the field of interpersonal violence, sexual assault and public health.
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.