The Open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act began on November 1st and runs through December 15th so now is the time to sign up for health insurance.
- What are the options for Alaskans?
- If you already have insurance do you need to do anything?
- What are the changes for 2019?
- Who needs to sign up and is the cost expected to go up?
- How is the political landscape affecting the ACA and how secure is the program
- What kind of help is available to navigate the process?
Please join Line One Co-Host, Prentiss Pemberton and his guests, United Way of Anchorage COO, Sue Brogan, and Lead Navigator, Jane Straight, for a discussion about how the ACA works, how you can sign up, where you can find help, and how the political climate is affecting healthcare in America.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton, LCSW
- Sue Brogan- COO, United Way of Anchorage
- Jane Straight-Lead Navigator, United Way of Anchorage
- United Way of Anchorage
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Affordable Care Act
- National Physicians Alliance – Protecting our Health Care
- Healthcare in America
- “America Needs a Healthcare System Built for Care, Not for Profit” – Huffington Post
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10:00 – 11:00am)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Cleveland Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
- Understanding Health Research
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: