Felipe Leite rode a horse from Calgary to Brazil, unsupported. He crossed deserts and mountains and he says he nearly starved and he saw men killed by drug lords. Leite is my guest on the next Outdoor Explorer to tell about his horseback adventures, and his next big ride, from Fairbanks to Calgary, which will complete a journey spanning the length of the America’s.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Segment 1: “Horseback ride from Fairbanks to Calgary”. Felipe Leite, Brazilian rider.
- Segment 2: “Keeping a horse in Anchorage”. Zoe Seppi, Anchorage Horse Council.
- Segment 3: “Petersburg’s Rainforest Festival teaches the public about salmon”. Angela Denning, KFSK.
- Long Ride Home: Guts and Guns and Grizzlies, 800 Days Through the Americas in a Saddle on Amazon
- Hospital de Amor, mentioned on the show, where you can donate
- Journey America, from OutWildTV
- Anchorage Horse Council
- Petersburg’s Rainforest Festival teaches the public about salmon
BROADCAST: Thursday, December 13th, 2018. 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m. AKT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, December 13th, 2018. 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. AKT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via: