Emotional Intelligence (EQ) encompasses awareness, understanding, and the ability to express and manage one’s emotions. Dr. John Gottman developed “Emotion Coaching” based on the principle that with practice, children can learn to improve their emotional self regulation. Parents play a vital role in teaching and helping their children master these essential life skills. Anchorage therapist Mandy Casurella joins Line One to us discuss an approach to parenting that focuses on identifying and validating a child’s feelings.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton, LCSW
- An Introduction to Emotion Coaching
- What is Emotion Coaching?
- How Can We Help Kids With Self-Regulation?
- EQ vs IQ: Why emotional intelligence will take your kid further in life
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10:00 – 11:00am)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: