After former Gov. Bill Walker’s disaster declaration in February 2017, the Department of Health and Social Services worked with over 20 organizations to put together the recently released 2018-2022 statewide opioid action plan. The six goals identified by DHSS include:
- Unite to reduce stigma and change social norms surrounding substance misuse and
- Communicate, coordinate and cooperate on substance misuse efforts
- Reduce the risks of substance misuse and addiction
- Experience fewer problems associated with drug use
- Timely access to the screening, referral and treatment services they need
- Build communities of recovery across Alaska
To read the full report, click here.