Opening the 10-02 area of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge or ANWR has been a dream of Alaska’s congressional delegation and the oil industry for decades, but for Gwitch’in people and environmentalists, the idea is a nightmare. The Bureau of Land Management plans a lease sale there this year. How will that unfold and what’s at stake? It’s our discussion on the next Talk of Alaska.
Listen to archival audio from previous debates about ANWR below.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Andy Moderow, Alaska Director of Alaska Wilderness League
- Liz Ruskin, Washington D.C. reporter for Alaska Public Media
- Rebecca Logan, CEO of Alaska Support Industry Alliance
- Video: What is the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?
- Related: Interior delays public comment deadline for ANWR oil leasing
- For a full list of ANWR leasing public hearings, click here
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
Send an email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by email, RSS or podcast.