Everyone feels it sometimes: defeated, out of energy and ideas, ready to give up. And yet, humans pop back up to battle another day. They have resilience. And many believe that resilience can be cultivated. So on today’s Hometown Alaska, we’ll talk with three Alaskans who have either studied resilience, or lived it themselves.
Your questions and comments are welcome throughout the program.
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Gretchen Fauske, associate director, UA Center for Economic Development
- Michael Rosebeary, veteran and university student
- Sarah Redmon, project coordinator, Office of Youth Empowerment
- Alaska Resilience Initiative, website
- Resilient Anchorage, municipal website
- Karmen’s story, You Tube video, Alaska Resilience Initiative
- 10 Traits of emotionally resilient people, 5.21.2013, Psychology Today
- The art of resilience, 3.1.2003, Psychology Today
- Rohn: 7 traits of resilient people, 4.17.2016 Success blog
- Characteristics of resilient people, 6.7.2018, VeryWellMind blog
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- LIVE: Monday, March 11, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
- REPEAT: Monday, March 11, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.