Most of us are aware of the physical benefits of being active, but what about our mental health? On the next Outdoor Explorer we will be talking to three people who use the outdoors and exercise for their health, but in very different ways. We talk about the role it plays in moving through the grieving process, its role in managing lifelong, chronic illnesses, and how it can improve mental health.
HOST: Martha Rosenstein
- Segment 1: “Chronic illness and an active lifestyle.” Leslie Need.
- Segment 2: “Grief and the healing power of nature.” Jean Moran.
- Segment 3: “Exercise and mental health.” Sara Rottman.
- Nature Prescriptions Calendar
- Study: Risks and benefits of sun exposure
- Study: The great outdoors: How a green exercise environment can benefit all
BROADCAST: Thursday, March 14th, 2019. 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m. AKT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, March 14th, 2019. 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. AKT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via: