Until the end of this month, People Mover is inviting citizens to vote for bus route changes they most like. Voting is done via email. Voters get to select their top three proposals out of about 30. Winning proposals will be costed out in the fall, and depending on available funding, implemented over time.
Don’t get TOO excited. Funding issues being what they are right now in our state, transit officials anticipate one or two changes over the next couple of years. BUT…this is a chance to tell transit planners what additions are most important to you. Is that the ability to hop a ride to the public library? Or scoot out Old Seward Highway to Dimond on a People Mover? Or maybe add a loop into West Anchorage?
On our next Hometown Alaska, we’ll talk to transit officials, and to members of the public transit advisory board. We’ll run through the proposals, which can be grouped geographically and by service area. And we’ll explain how you can vote.
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Bart Rudolph, People Mover transit planner
- Genevieve Mina, long-time rider, Public Transit Advisory Board member
- Transit on the Move, People Mover public process web page
- Voting Proposal Board: vote for three of these (PDF)
- Beluga scenario map (PDF)
- Polar Bear scenario map (PDF)
- Puffin scenario map (PDF)
- Wood Frog scenario map (PDF)
- Public Transit Advisory Board meetings (every second Thursday)
- Alaska NUMTOTS, Facebook group devoted to advocating for public transit in Alaska. Stands for New Urbanist Memes for Transit Oriented Teens (NUMTOTS)
- Meet the NUMTOTS, the millennials who find fixing public transit sexy, The Guardian, 7.5.2018.
- New Urbanist Memes for Transit Oriented Teens, 2-year-old international Facebook group.
- The Transit Oriented Teens are Coming to Save Your City, City Lab, 3.30.2018
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air
LIVE: Monday, June 3, 2019 at 2:00 p.m
REPEAT: Monday, June 3, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.