Agriculture, farmer’s markets and fresh produce. It’s planting time for farmers and backyard garden enthusiasts. What’s new with the changing ag scene in Alaska and what will it mean for raising more food right in our state? And how will a changing climate affect food production? We’ll ask on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Amy Petit, Executive Director, Alaska Farmland Trust
- Margaret Adsit, Owner/Operator, Alaska Farm Tours
- Jodie Anderson, Director, Matanuska Experiment Farm and Extension Center
- Leah Wagner, Owner, Foundroot
- Grow North Farm (3601 Mountain View Dr.) will host it’s first Monthly Market on Friday, July 12 from 4-8 p.m. Follow Anchorage Community Land Trust on Facebook for more information
- For a full list of farmers markets around the state, visit the Alaska Farmers Market Association’s interactive market directory
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by email, RSS or podcast.