Alaska Public Media’s RUNNING series featuring candidates for the April 7 Anchorage municipal election will air on Hometown Alaska over four episodes. School board candidates appeared on the show Monday, March 16. Find the episode here or on the RUNNING page.
- Tuesday, March 17: Anchorage Assembly candidates, Downtown and Eagle River Chugiak (see list of candidates above)
- Monday, March 23: Anchorage Assembly candidates, West and Midtown
- Tuesday, March 24: Anchorage Assembly candidates, East and South
Candidates on each segment will have the opportunity to make an opening statement about why they are running and why they are qualified to serve. Next, they’ll respond to questions from the host. We will also take email and phone calls from the listening public during the program. Your questions are welcome throughout the program. Check below for the number and email to use to join in on the conversation.
Monday programs will air again at 8 pm that same evening. Tuesday programs will air again at 7 pm that same evening. In addition, the shows will be available on Alaska Public Media’s RUNNING for listening anytime.
Segment One – Downtown District:
Segment Two – Eagle River-Chugiak District:
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Christopher Constant, Downtown District 1 Seat B candidate
- Jamie Allard, Eagle River-Chugiak District 2 Seat C candidate
- Stephany Jeffers, Eagle River-Chugiak District 2 Seat C candidate
- Roger Branson, Eagle River-Chugiak District 2 Seat C candidate
- Voting information, Municipality of Anchorage website
- Full list of school board and assembly candidates, muni.org, right hand margin
- 13 ballot propositions, including alcohol tax, onsite marijuana smoking and adding a seat to Downtown District 1, etc. muni.org webpage
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air
- LIVE: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 2:00 p.m
- RE-AIR: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
- ARCHIVED: RUNNING 2020