UPDATE: All candidates will participate by phone rather than gathering at the Alaska Public Media studios, in response to social distancing requirements.
Alaska Public Media’s RUNNING series featuring candidates for the April 7 Anchorage municipal election will air on Hometown Alaska over four episodes. School board candidates appeared March 16; listen to that segment on the Hometown Alaska page, or on the RUNNING page. Downtown and Eagle River/Chugiak candidates appeared March 17; listen to that segment on the Hometown Alaska page, or on the RUNNING page.
- Monday March 23: Anchorage Assembly candidates, West and Midtown (see candidate list above)
- Tuesday March 24: Anchorage Assembly candidates, East and South
Candidates on each segment will have the opportunity to make an opening statement about why they are running and why they are qualified to serve. Next, they’ll respond to questions from the host. We will also take email and phone calls from the listening public during the program. Your questions are welcome. Check below for the number and email to use to join in on the conversation.
Monday programs will air again at 8 pm that same evening. Tuesday programs will air again at 7 pm that same evening. In addition, the shows will be available on Alaska Public Media’s RUNNING for listening anytime.
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Austin Quinn-Davidson, West Anchorage District 3 Seat E candidate
- MoHagani Magnetek, West Anchorage District 3 Seat E candidate
- Nick Danger, West Anchorage District 3 Seat E candidate
- Christine Hill, Midtown District 4 Seat G candidate
- Felix Rivera, Midtown District 4 Seat G candidate
- Voting information, Municipality of Anchorage website
- Full list of school board and assembly candidates, muni.org, right hand margin
- 13 ballot propositions, including alcohol tax, onsite marijuana smoking and adding a seat to Downtown District 1, etc. muni.org webpage
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air
- LIVE: Monday, March 23, 2020 at 2:00 p.m
- RE-AIR: Monday, March 23, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
- ARCHIVED: RUNNING 2020