With the stress of sheltering in our homes and a daily barrage of worrisome news about the global pandemic, it’s important to find time to decompress, relax and find hope for the future. Join us as we visit with Alaska musicians and writers who explore our collective plight, through songs, poetry and essays. Writing to find clarity in the chaos is our discussion on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Don Rearden, author, “The Raven’s Gift”
- Ed Washington, musician
- Seth Kantner, writer
- Kat Moore, musician, The Forest That Never Sleeps
- Quinn Christopherson, musician, 2019 NPR Tiny Desk Concert Winner
- Barbara Hood, writer, President, 49 Writers
MUSIC FROM THE SHOW:
- Quinn Christopherson – opens in a new window“Erase Me”
- Ed Washington – opens in a new window“1 of a Kind”
- Kat Moore – opens in a new window“I Sail”
- Kat Moore – opens in a new window“The Ocean”
- Ed Washington and Nick Carpenter’s “Give It Like You Used To (Remix)” is available on opens in a new windowBandcamp, and will be wide-released across all digital platforms on May 19. Listen to snippet of the song below:
- Hear more from Don Rearden’s collaborator, Paul Basile of Great Elk, on opens in a new windowiTunes and opens in a new windowSpotify.
- If you’d like to receive the Writing the Distance newsletter, visit opens in a new window49 Writers webpage.
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast.
Send an email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air).
Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Apr. 21, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
LIVE Web stream: opens in a new windowClick here to stream.