Protests demanding equality have rippled across the state and nation in recent weeks. Communities of color and their supporters demand reform of policing, but inequality also exists within many other government agencies and programs that create barriers to social justice. We’ll discuss human rights and ending discrimination on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Robert Corbisier, Executive Director, Alaska State Commission for Human Rights
- Kate Burkhart, Alaska State Ombudsman
- Howard University: Is now a teachable moment for economists?
- To file confidential complaints about state agencies, visit the Alaska State Ombudsman’s online complaint portal
- To file confidential complaints about employment, places of public accommodation, housing, financial, state or political subdivisions discrimination, visit visit the Alaska State Commission for Human Rights homepage
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air).
Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
LIVE Web stream: Click here to stream.