Security, commerce, climate change and the voices of indigenous communities will all be part of the conversation when building the next five year Arctic Research plan. Which federal agencies decide what it will include and how can you weigh in to help shape the focus of the science? We’ll discuss future arctic research and why it’s important, on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Fran Ulmer, Chair, Arctic Research Commission, former Lt. Gov. of Alaska
- Nikoosh Carlo, Arctic Research Plan Development Director
- Simon Stephenson, Head of the Arctic Sciences Division, U.S. National Science Foundation
If you would like to submit a public comment for the Arctic Research Plan, you may do so with the following links. Input must be submitted by Sunday, August 2.
- Submit through the federal register notice.
- Submit comments by emailing IARPCPlan@nsf.gov.
- Submit your ideas through the online form.
- Comment or direct message the IARPC Collaborations Facebook page.
- Participate in a public webinar on July 20.
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air).
Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
LIVE Web stream: Click here to stream.