Varicose veins are one of the most common signs of vein disease in the legs. They are often caused by defective valves in the leg veins causing blood to pool. There are now many treatment options ranging from noninvasive compression stockings to more invasive surgical treatments. Join host Dr. Justin Clark for a discussion on the diagnosis and treatment of varicose veins and vein disease in the legs.
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark
- Dr Robert Artwohl, MD, Alaska Vein Clinic
- Follow along with Dr. Artwohl via illustrations, viewable here.
- Medical News Today: What can I do about varicose veins?
- Mayo Clinic: Varicose veins overview
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10:00 – 11:00am)
- Send email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, July 29, 2020, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: