Superintendent Dr. Deena Bishop was a guest on Hometown Alaska this week. We plan to discussed the COVID-19 community risk assessment and how ASD plans to respond depending on low or high risk, as well as School Resource Officers, the school district budget, and effects of the spring emergency closure versus school strategies this fall, including online education. Take a listen.
HOST: Kathleen McCoy
- Dr. Deena Bishop, superintendent, Anchorage School District
- What to expect when students return to school, ASD website, PDF.
- Message from the Superintendent, dated July 24, 2020, announcing eLearning for school start based on risk assessment.
- Back to school press conference with Dr. Deena Bishop, July 9, 2020, video.
- 2020 ASD School Start details, ASD website
- ASD Back to School Start Plan, ASD website
- Confused by CDC’s changing guidelines on school reopening? Here are recommendations from experts not pressured by the White House, Washington Post, 7.25.2020
- CDC ‘Considerations for Schools,’ operating schools during COVID-19, CDC website
- Getting ready for Kindergarten 2021, free non profit national program called Waterfor Upstart to help prepare children to enter kindergarten, waterford.org, Waterford Upstart. Press release describing program.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air
- LIVE: Monday, August 3, 2020 at 2:00 p.m
- RE-AIR: Monday, August 3, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
- PODCAST: at www.alaskapublic.org/hometown for free future public access