Focus on the COVID-19 pandemic has consumed the attention of many of us over the past year while the opioid epidemic has continued to claim lives. Overdose deaths are on the rise, and the need for resources in Alaska is pressing. How have recovery programs around the state adjusted their services to meet the demand amid the pandemic?
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Christina Love, Recovery Advocate
- Elana Habib, Opioid Misuse and Addiction Specialist, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
LINKS & RESOURCES:
- Division of Public Health: Opioids in Alaska
- Alaska Al-Anon Family Groups
- Alaska’s Opioid Response 2019-2020
- Treatment Connection
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast.
Send an email to email@example.com (Comments may be read on air).
Post your comment during or after the live broadcast on social media (Comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 10 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
LIVE Web stream: Click here to stream.