Many adults are still hesitant to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. While the reasons vary, for some it stems from fear and distrust of the medical establishment. In the Black, Indigenous and People of Color community, that mistrust is deeply rooted and extends to vaccines, medical treatments and even hospitals.
- Jocasta G. Olp, PharmD, MBA, Clinical Pharmacist
- Phillip Mendoza, MD, Family Practice Physician
- State of Alaska COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) Information Portal
- Alaska Vaccine Monitoring Dashboard
- Alaska Public Media: State reports small number of ‘breakthrough’ COVID-19 cases in fully-vaccinated Alaskans
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10 to 11 a.m.).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: