After a canceled 2020 season, cruise ships will return to Alaska later this summer. That’s good news for tour operators and businesses in Southeast, but it’s also left local officials scrambling to figure out how to safely welcome passengers back. How will communities balance pandemic safety with the pressing need for economic recovery? What precautions will cruise lines take to protect the towns they visit?
HOST: Adelyn Baxter
- Bryan Fisher, acting director, Alaska Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Howard Sherman, executive vice president, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings
- Fred Parady, Chief Operating Officer, Huna Totem Corporation
- Andrew Cremata, mayor of Skagway
LINKS & RESOURCES:
- Cruise Town: a podcast from KTOO in Juneau
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Conditional Sail Order
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Comments may be read on air).
Post your comment during or after the live broadcast on social media (Comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 10 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
LIVE Web stream: Click here to stream.