Now that pandemic restrictions are being lifted, how will Alaska’s LGBTQ+ community celebrate Pride? Amid the parades and parties, June is also a time to acknowledge the sacrifices activists made and the struggles people continue to face. What issues still need to be addressed for Alaskans of all identities to feel safe and equal?
HOST: Adelyn Baxter
- Will Kusiq Bean, community organizer & co-founder of Aurora Pride
- Laura Carpenter, executive director, Identity, Inc.
- MoHagani Magnetek, Anchorage community & human rights activist
LINKS & RESOURCES:
- An incomplete list of Pride events around the state
- PFLAG: Resources for straight allies
- Stonewall Riots: An incomplete history of the LGBT Movement
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast.
Send an email to email@example.com (Comments may be read on air).
Post your comment during or after the live broadcast on social media (Comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 10 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
LIVE Web stream: Click here to stream.