Any one who has struggled with addiction, or knows someone who has, will tell you they’re terrified by the thought of their children going through the same struggle. When and how should we talk to our children about addiction? How much should we tell them about our own stories? Author Jessica Lahey discusses raising healthy kids in a culture of dependence.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Jessica Lahey, author of The Addiction Inoculation and The Gift of Failure
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10 to 11 a.m.).
- Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: