Assisted-living homes are highly flexible and supportive communities that offer staff support for activities. Basically, assisted living is for people who can live independently but want or need assistance with some of the tasks of daily living. As our population ages, it’s becoming a popular option for seniors nationwide. What services are available in Alaska?
HOST: Dr. Justin Clark
- Anna Houser, executive director, Aspen Creek Senior Living Center
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
- Send an email to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2021, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2021, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: